Saturday, February 4, 2017

A Few Points...

I enjoyed listening to your pronunciation improvement methods on Friday.  While I was listening to you, I noted some mistakes.  Please read these carefully.  Hopefully, these mistakes will not be repeated:

The verb used with "mistake" is "to make"...
examples: 
I made a mistake.
She makes many mistakes.

Always use "each other" -- no "s"
"each others" is WRONG.
In fact, when you use "each" or "every" you can never use the noun after it in plural form.
examples:
Each child deserves a good education.
Every time I open the mailbox, I see bills.

When you use "even though" in a sentence, you don't use "but"...
examples:
Even though I was thirsty, I didn't drink anything.
I was thirsty, but I didn't drink anything.
Even though I was thirsty, but I didn't drink anything.  WRONG

No comments:

Post a Comment